Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fashion illustration

After you get your inspiration, you tend to draw out an illustration to get an idea of what type of clothing your going for. I would say this step could go under making a storyboard or even the next phase into implementing your plan. These are a couple fashion illustrations that inspired me.

Lagerfeld for Chanel in 2005 and YSL from the 1960's,
fantastic
100 years old illustration
variation in fashion

Something you may not know: Despite my current employment situation, I actually hold a Bachelor of Design majoring in Illustration. So, while I avoided the bitch-pit that is Fashion Design, I still managed to maintain a love for the industry. And one aspect in particular, which many may not be aware of, is that of fashion illustration.

Being somewhat rubbish at drawing the human anatomy, I completely envy those that not only have an in-depth understanding of it, but can take the human body, distort it, add a splash of colour and voila, a masterpiece. I could spend hours trawling through illustration books admiring the artistic skill of some illustrators.

beauty of illustration
princes cool
100 Years of Fashion Illustration by Cally Blackman,
club fashion
nice fashion

2 comments:

  1. You should give artists credit for all artworks. My illustration (Anna Kiper) is 3rd from the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this blog post. The content is informative, engaging, and presented in a very easy-to-understand way. You have explained the main points clearly, which makes the article useful for both beginners and experienced readers. I especially liked the practical information and helpful suggestions shared throughout the post. It is always great to find content that provides genuine value while keeping readers interested. This article has given me some new ideas and useful information that I can apply in the future. Thank you for putting together such a detailed and helpful post. Looking forward to reading more from you soon. business analytics course in delhi ncr
    Boutique Management with Cutting & Tailoring in Delhi NCR.
    Best Fashion Designing institute in Delhi NCR
    Best Makeup Training Institute in Delhi NCR.

    ReplyDelete